Treatment Resources

The first step to seeking treatment is to schedule a chemical health assessment. All Minnesota counties and tribes are mandated to provide Rule 25 assessments, and assessments are conducted in the person’s county or tribe of residence. Those who meet both clinical and financial requirements are eligible to have treatment paid for. For more information about Rule 25, click here.

If the individual has medical assistance, they will need to contact their county or tribe of residence for an assessment. If the individual has private insurance or a prepaid medical plan through the state of Minnesota (PMAP), contact the telephone number on the back of their insurance card for a referral. Many counties contract with insurance companies. Normally there is no charge for an assessment if it is done with a network approved provider. To access Rule 25 referral phone numbers by county or tribe, click here.

Support Groups

For children, friends and family of recovery addicts

Alcoholic Anonymous (AA)

Cocaine Anonymous (CA)

Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA)

Narcotics Anonymous of Minnesota (NA)

(877) 767-7676

Women for Sobriety – Minnesota
(651) 813-0782

Other Resources

Addiction Resource

Division on Addictions – to find Minnesota Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Centers in your area, visit:

Minnesota Prevention Resource Center

Minnesota Recovery

Minnesota Substance Use Disorder Program
For Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind Clients

National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
All materials available in Spanish

National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
Teachers:  Classroom Resources on Drug Effects

Operation Prevention
All materials available in Spanish.  Developed to educate students about the impact of opioid use.

Signs of Addication

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Leaders of efforts to improve the lives of individuals living with mental and substance use disorders.  SAMHSA’s National helpline is a free, confidential 375 day-a-year treatment referral and recovery referral service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.

Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or